Senior Counsel - Global Data Privacy, 3M Legal Affairs Job
Date: Dec 9, 2013
Location: Maplewood, MN, US
Organization: Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Senior Counsel for 3M Legal Affairs located in Maplewood, MN. Be part of what’s next!
The person hired for the position of Senior Counsel will be the Global Data Privacy Lead Attorney and the Office of General Counsel’s Counsel for the Corporate Information Technology Department.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead a cross-functional data privacy team with responsibility for analyzing data privacy laws and regulations, regulatory filings, training programs, third party assessments, and risk mitigation strategies that arise in multiple business segments.
- Part of the due diligence team on acquisitions/divestitures and post-closing integration.
- Project management of key privacy initiatives.
- Serve as privacy and information security subject matter expert resource to colleagues and 3M businesses and staff groups.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts and contract provisions related to and in support of corporate goals and projects.
- Counsel IT management on legal issues, compliance with applicable laws, and 3M Business Conduct Policies.
- Counsel IT management on legal issues associated with global ERP implementation.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts in support of Corporate IT goals and projects.
- Work collaboratively with IT Security and Compliance to develop and implement data security safeguards and legal compliance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted or eligible for admission to practice law in Minnesota
- Minimum of 3 years of law firm and/or in-house legal experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of data privacy to include international data privacy issues
- Strong academic credentials
- Business acumen and an ability to provide legal and compliance advice in the context of strategic business initiatives and goals
- Significant client counseling experience
- Experience and/or the ability to develop a high level of competence in the areas of data privacy, information security and contracts
- High energy, proactive, a commitment to collegiality, and a dedication to responsive client service
- Significant client training experience
- Track record of working independently
- Experience leading project teams and working collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and/or occasional international travel
Relocation: Is authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of whatâ€™s next! Join 3M â€“ follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Database, Law, Compliance, ERP, Information Security, Technology, Legal